Thursday, 15 September 2011

New Greek National Anthem

Due to the costs of hiring bands and paying them for the 3 1/2 hours their National Anthem goes on for, Austerity has forced the Greeks to replace their Hymn to Liberty with a song that uses the Gloria Gaynor tune "I will survive".

To be sung to the tune of 'I will survive' by Gloria Gaynor...

At first we took the aid
We were petrified
Kept thinking we could only live
with Germans by our side
But then we spent so many nights
Thinking how you did us wrong
And we grew strong
And learned to string you all along...
And so we're back
Just watch this space
What are the yields doing up here
you've got a sad look on your face
We should have made people pay tax
And begun austerity
But were busy on the beach And you bail us out for free


Go on now go walk, walk out the door
Things turned around now
And the Dax is on the floor
Merkel's the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
Watch the Euro tumble
EuroStox become the S M I
Oh no, not I
I will survive
oh as long as Trichet buys our bonds
I know I'll stay alive
We have our cushy lives to live
And in return nothing to give
and I'll survive
I will survive (hey hey)



No comments:

There was an error in this gadget